Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Upcoming Events: Begonia Show, Griffith Park Plant Party, Epiphyte Presentation

Before sharing some neat upcoming events, I want to share Jen's very first Youtube video!




I love it!!  Way to go Jen!!!

At least half of her plants are from me (haha j/k?) so I highly recommend subscribing to her channel to learn about some cool plants.

Ok, upcoming events!

Begonia Show/Sale (Facebook post)

When: Aug 24, 9 AM – 4 PM
Where: South Coast Botanic Garden, 26300 Crenshaw Blvd Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274

Which are the best Begonias for growing epiphytically??  Let's find out!

Plant Party In The Park (Facebook post)

When: Aug 25, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Where: Griffith Park, 4659 Crystal Springs Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027

Bring plants (preferably epiphytes of course) to trade or give away.  Make some new plants friends!

Epiphyte Presentation (Facebook post)

When: Aug 25, 5:00 PM – 06:00 PM
Where: Planta Nursery, 6011 York Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90042

My friend Joel is going to give a talk about epiphytes.  Way to go Joel!!  Tickets cost $5.

Now some pics of Begonias growing epiphytically.  Here's a Begonia listada that I recently mounted...



I received my piece from Scadoxus, and she received hers from Candy and Norm.  It is mounted with a Scindapsus pictus from Jen, an Asplenium from Fernando, and a Peperomia Pixie Lime from Bonnie.

Am I the only person in the world trying to experiment with growing Begonias epiphytically?  Nope!  Andy's Orchids has a couple...




Begonia prismatocarpa!




Begonia dregei.

Want to see more pics from Andy's Orchids?  Here you go.

If you have tried Begonias epiphytically then please let me know!  And hopefully I will see you at an upcoming event!

Thanks Randy for confirming the Begonia IDs! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! DO you still have your Begonia listada as a mounted plant ?

    ReplyDelete