Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Free Plants - Succulents, Ferns, Bromeliads, Orchids

Next week, in the Los Angeles Craigslist, I plan to post the following...

******************************

Right now I have a plethora of plants and projects.  My plan is to super decentralize them.   What, exactly, do I mean by "decentralize"?  Basically I want to spread my plants and projects among as many different people as possible.  So rather than the plants being "mine"... they will be "ours".  This comes with the expectation that, down the road, you will happily share divisions or cuttings or seeds with me if I ask for some.

There are several plants that I have many extras to share.  I will primarily start with these.  For example...

- Aloe cameronii
- Aloe arborescens variegated
- Epiphyllum oxypetalum (cuttings)
- Epiphyllum strictum (cuttings)
- Solandra maxima (cuttings)
- Tillandsia aeranthos
- Tillandsia tricolepsis

Everyone who visits can freely have any, or all, of these plants... while supplies last.   After they are all shared then I'll transition to the plants with less duplicates.  Naturally, given that these are fewer in number, I will have to prioritize who I share them with.  Here are some of the factors that I will consider...

- Proximity
- Greenness of thumb
- Blogs about plants
- Posts plant photos on Flickr
- Uploads plant videos to Youtube
- Reads my EpiEcon blog
- Helps with the donate-to-vote project
- Shares plants with others
- Promotes growing plants epiphytically
- Likes the Epiphyte Society of Southern California (ESSC) Facebook page
- Likes the Orchid Society of Southern California (OSSC) Facebook page
- Participates in the ESSC Facebook group
- Participates in the SCARPA Facebook group
- Interested in creating phorobanas
- Grows plants from seed

These factors don't all carry the same weight and I will consider other factors as well.  Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to cultivating many new plant friendships.

******************************

I wanted to post this here on my blog first in order to give any readers in the area an early opportunity to participate.

1 comment: