Monday, September 3, 2018

Let's Have An Online Plant Show!

In this recent PalmTalk thread I shared a link to my previous entry as well as a couple ideas for plant societies...

1. create outdoor grow lists (ie Hoyas, Anthuriums)
2. have on online plant show

Tracy responded to the thread with some thoughts and this pic...



Platycerium superbum and Fernando

Wow!!!  I replied to Tracy that this Staghorn fern on a tree in SoCal is a perfect example of why we really need to have an online plant show.  Here's another perfect example...



Schomburgkia superbiens and Phil

Wow!!!  Phil shared this pic with me when he came over for a tour last week.  It was taken at the Santa Barbara Orchid Estate, which I've visited many times, but somehow never when this specimen was in bloom.   I was fortunate though that I was able to see another specimen in bloom at the SBOE...



Laelia gouldiana

How many trees in Southern California should have orchids, ferns and other epiphytes growing on them... but do not?  Too many!!!  So let's have an online plant show!


1 comment:

  1. The answer to that question should be as many as possible if not all.

    ReplyDelete